On this episode of The Samantha Leith Podcast, I delve into the dangers of using goals against ourselves. I share a personal story that leads me to question whether our obsession with tracking and comparing can hinder our personal growth. But what happens when we let go of these goals? Find out next time on The Samantha Leith Podcast…
Don’t let your goals become weapons of self-judgment. Embrace progress and remember that every step forward is a victory. – Samantha Leith
Mentioned in this Episode
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Discover the power of self-compassion and how it can transform your goal setting journey.
- Learn the harmful effects of using goals as a tool for self-judgment and unlock a more empowering approach.
- Find out how to mindfully use technology and data to support your goals without feeling overwhelmed or discouraged.
- Explore strategies to avoid comparison and set personal goals that align with your authentic self.
- Learn how to celebrate your progress along the way and find fulfillment in the process of goal setting.
Uncovering the harmful effects of self-judgment
Practices of self-criticism and comparison can actually hinder our progress. Instead, by recognizing this harmful habit, we can replace negative self-talk with positive affirmations, boosting our self-esteem and motivation.
The resources mentioned in this episode are:
- Check out the Samantha Leith Podcast Club: Visit Samanthaleith.com/theclub to learn more about joining the monthly membership that provides guidance and support for personal development.
- Explore the world of personal development: Dive deeper into personal development and discover what’s possible for you by joining the Samantha Leith Podcast Club.
- Get extraordinary with the tools and coaching you need: Join the Samantha Leith Podcast Club to access the tools and coaching necessary to help you achieve extraordinary results in your life.
- Visit Samanthaleith.com: Head over to Samanthaleith.com to find more information about the Samantha Leith Podcast Club and other resources for personal development.
- Join the Samantha Leith Podcast Club community: Connect with like-minded individuals and receive ongoing support in the Samantha Leith Podcast Club community.
- Enhance your personal growth journey: Take your personal growth journey to the next level by becoming a member of the Samantha Leith Podcast Club.
- Gain access to exclusive content: Join the Samantha Leith Podcast Club to unlock exclusive content and resources designed to help you reach your full potential.
- Start tracking your progress: If you’re looking to track your progress and stay motivated, consider using a tool like
Timestamped summary of this episode:
00:00:03 – Welcome to the Samantha Leith podcast. With me, Samantha Leith. I have a passion for exploring anything and everything that can help us to be extraordinary. Each week, I’m going to dive into a topic and explore it extensively. Because if there’s something that makes for a better life, I want to learn about it and more importantly, share it.
00:00:23 – And hey, you may just get the odd song thrown in. There’ll be deep conversations, fun and travolta. Helpful tools for you to add to your life straight away. Random musings about anything from coffee to sex. And information that may just blow your mind.
00:00:39 – This is a podcast for dreamers, believers, action takers and achievers. It’s personal development, but not as you know it.
00:00:50 – Welcome to episode 31 of the Samantha Leith podcast. Why you shouldn’t use goals against yourself. It’s a quickie today, so let’s get going. Now, what do I mean about why you shouldn’t use goals against yourself? Well, I’ll give you a little heads up.
00:01:09 – I broke up with my Apple Watch this weekend. I did it. I just let it go because what I found I started to do was look at the statistics and the data and the things that were on my Apple Watch and use them against myself. Use them to prove to myself in a negative way that I wasn’t doing as well as I should be. In fact, it got so bad where if I had like two days in a row where I didn’t meet certain targets that I had for myself, whether it be standing or exercise or sleep or any of those things that I try and track about my life, I’m like, oh gosh, I had such a terrible day today.
00:01:53 – No wonder I don’t achieve anything. Thank you for listening to this week’s episode of the Samantha Leith Podcast. If you enjoyed this episode and want to dive deeper into the world of personal development and what’s possible for you, then I’d love to invite you to join the club. It’s my monthly membership designed to guide and support you with the tools and the coaching you need to be extraordinary. Head on over to Samanthaleith.com theclub for more information.
00:02:21 – I’d love to see you on the inside.