When asking questions (even the ones you ask yourself) here are some suggestions.
- Avoid asking yes/no questions
- Take time to think about what you are wanting to know
- Ask questions without assumptions
- Recognise any bias you may have
- Connect with learning styles
- Ask lateral questions
- Play devil’s advocate to challenge or reinforce answers
Here are some of my favourite questions to use is situations where a creative solution needs to be found.
- If we did know what to do next, what would it be?
- What do we need that we don’t have or doesn’t exist?
- How can we think about this from another point of view?
- How do you feel about this?
- What are we willing to do differently?
These may seem like big picture questions, but as an example, you can ask yourself ‘what am I willing to do differently’ in order to come up with creative solutions to something that is very personal, like bad sleep patterns.
For more info on Confidence do a search on ‘confidence’ within the site or check out the Freebies page.