So you think you are living a Passionate Life…..but are you really? You see life gets in the way sometimes – actually, a lot for most of us. Then we start to lose focus on those things that are truly important to us.
If you have taken The Passion Test you’ll know that we help you set markers and create Passion Cards to remind you of your core desires. If not, you may just have a vision in your mind of what you want, but you haven’t put ‘pen to paper’ as the saying goes.
Here are my Top 5 Tips to remind you of your Top 5 Passions.
- Create a picture collage of your passions. I currently have A3 posters of mine. In my office, bedroom and against the glass in the shower.
- Carry your Top 5 Passions and your markers with you everywhere. Ideas on how to do this include a small photo book, creating a Mind Movie, messages on your phone – desktop etc, or simply carrying little file cards as reminders.
- Be open and honest about them. This was a hard one for me, because I always had that ‘people will think I’m an idiot for wanting these things’ idea. Bullshit!!! Just start hanging around people that want you to get what you want in life. Seriously – I used to take down my posters when people came over. How stupid!!
- Revisit your thinking on your passions, and check that they still motivate you. If not, it might not be the right thing for you at this point in time.
- Remember always “Whenever you are faced with a decision, a choice or an opportunity, choose in favor of your passions.” Janet Bray Attwood and Chris Attwood
People who discover their passions are truly blessed. We get to decide everyday if what we are doing is getting us closer to our dreams, or moving us further away. If only we taught classes like this at school!!!
Don’t be shy, discover your passions and go for them.