Yep, that’s right. I turned 40 on Sunday 15th of June, 2014. Did the world cave in? No. Do I feel any different? No. Do I suddenly have more grey hair and laugh lines? Well, maybe a couple. So what was the big change? Apart from the big dent in my bank account from having such a fabulous party – the big change is questions.
What do I mean? Well, I’ve always been a ‘think too much’ kinda gal, but it’s really really different for me at the moment. It’s like I’ve brought the life auditors in (got to love an audit) and let them take control – now I’m just looking at the reporting as it’s come back to me.
The beauty of having your own business, is you do get to follow you heart, make changes and concentrate on the stuff you love. But what if you get confused and distracted along the way? It’s been like that for me sometimes. You know using your skills, talents and passions but following some bright shiny objects because it’s what everyone else seems to be doing – and it works for them, so it should for you, right? Bullshit. Doesn’t always work like that.
Get to the questions Samantha?
- If I only had 2 months to live, what work would I be doing, if any?
- If I won lotto, what work would I be doing, if any?
- If we could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What does my perfect day / week / month / year look like?
- If I could have any number / type of team around me – what would that look like?
- Am I happy with my current weight (50kgs down since 38) and if not what improvements can I make?
- What social stuff am I missing in my life, and how can I add it back in?
- What ‘heart singing moments’ am I missing in my life, and how can I add them back in?
- What changes do I need to make to be in a better financial position for the next birthday (and better each year)?
- Are there any draining / toxic situations or people in my life that I need to remove myself from?
That was a good start. Some of them are pretty stock standard questions in the Life Coaching world – but they are so worth a look at.
WOW you should see some of the answers. Some people think us Business Coaches have all our shit together – sorry, we have problems too. It’s like looking at movie stars and thinking they always look like that. Smoke and Mirrors baby.
This is a work in progress for me – and over the next few weeks I’ll share some (maybe all) of my answers with you.
I encourage you, not to wait till your next big birthday to ask yourself these questions. Do it now!!!!!