First post in what feels like a gazillion years.
I won’t update you with everything that’s been going on – if you follow me (which I hope you do) on social media you will have seen that 2018 was a wild ride, and I’ll touch on much of it over the course of the next few posts.
For now, I want to talk about reading. I’ve always been a reader. It’s the ultimate in escapism and can give you so much in probably every single area of your life. From The Magic of Tidying Up to Becoming Michelle Obama. You can find a book on any topic in any language (ok maybe a book on sex in middle English would be hard to find).
Books feed my soul and my mind. So I read. When I’m not reading I listen. Then some days I write – much of which will never see the light of day, and that’s ok. It’s cathartic. It rejuvenates my creative brain. Gives me an outlet to share thoughts, that don’t want to be spoken outl oud.
Anyway, I digress. I turn 45 in June 2019 and I have my #45by45 list. One of the items on that list is 45 books.
I had plans to post a review of each book, but you know what? You can review them on any of the major book sites and blogs that specialise in reviews!
I thought I’d share what I’ve been reading so far this year.
- The School of Greatness by Lewis Howes
- Blackout: Remembering the Things I Drank to Forget by Sarah Hepola
- The Ultimate Jim Rohn Library by Jim Rohn
- The Comprehensive ENFP Survival Guide by Heidi Priebe
- Own the Day, Own Your Life by Aubrey Marcus
- The Craving Mind by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Kick Ass by Mel Robbins
- The Brain Fog Fix by Dr Mike Dow
- The Art of Extraordinary Confidence by Dr Aziz Gazipura
- Judgement Detox by Gabrielle Bernstein
- The Power of Charisma by Dan Strutzel
- Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin
- The 21-Day Self-Confidence Challenge by 21 Day Challenges
- The Charisma Myth by Olivia Fox Cabane
- The Millionaire Next Door by Stanley & Danko
- You Are A Badass Every Day by Jen Sincero
- No Excuses by Brian Tracy
- Book Yourself Solid by Michael Port
- Be Obsessed or Be Average by Grant Cardone
- High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard
- The Confidence Code by Kay & Shipman
- The Millionaire Messenger by Brendon Burchard
- Unshakeable by Tony Robbins
So 6 months in, and I’m at 23 (I think I’ve actually forgotten a couple oops). I’ve got this. #45by45
I have also read a couple of fiction pieces, and some coffee table type books when I wanted a bit of a chillax read.
Even if only a teeny tiny % of the books you read and absorbed by your brain – feed it the good stuff. I’m on a mission at the moment, so yes, it’s primarily motivation and business – my core interests. As they change, as I grow, my reading list changes.
On the pile for the next 6 months are lots of biographies, music, creativity and more.